RAFSYS - Automated Nuclear Molecular Diagnostics in medical Laboratories
To enhance the rate of testing for the rural populace of India, with the possible third wave looming large, we have come up with a Robotic automated mobile testing solution. In this solution Robots are used in the automated detection of Covid 19 virus. Since it is an automated process, 96 tests per hour is possible and is equivalent to 2000 tests per day. With the right choice of test kits, testing for new virus variants are possible and the Automated system could also be used for alternative Diagnostics such as blood samples, urine samples, High-Throughput Screening, Molecular Diagnostics, Transplantation Diagnostics, Animal Laboratories and more with minimal necessary changes.
Robotic Automated Flexible System (RAFSYS) indigenously developed by AAtek Group (Germany and India), aims for Laboratories without any human intervention, providing efficient Diagnostics be exposed to any hazardous viruses. The main goal of this project is to reduce the human errors in normal testing.
Our Product RAFSYS, addresses the critical need of the hour “Diagnostics” whilst being the key to control the COVID Pandemic. Avoiding any risk to the Laboratory Technicians, RAFSYS provides a Higher Through-put and also scalable for Mass Testing such as Airports or Railway Stations with Accurate Results in Faster time through Cloud based Methodology. Making the Diagnostic system in Mobile re-locatable format will cater any Emergency measures in India and also solves the difficulties for Diagnostics in Rural Areas within India.
Problems we solve
Accurate results for the patients,
- Automated system eliminated bubbles or clots in the samples, carries exact required sample volume.
- The pre-analytical process consumes 60% of total laboratory hours and accounts for 75% of total errors making it the most labour-intensive and error-prone area. Approximately 13% of errors may influence patient health. Our RAFSYS Automated system eliminates any such kinds of error.
- There are 2506 certified molecular testing laboratories in India under ICMR (Indian Council of Medical Research). India tests almost 2 million samples everyday (Source: Our World in Data).
- Demands ~ 800 samples tests in a laboratory every day. RAFSYS can handle 2100 samples/Day
Easy handling of bio risks samples at higher speed
Lack of Trained Employees currently in the World
Safer atmosphere for lab technicians avoiding human intervention
- Lab technicians are highly exposed to biologically hazardous materials and operations in diagnostic laboratories while handling the test samples.
- Government recommends minimum people present in the laboratory, minimizing the movement area to decrease the virus spread among the technicians.
Improved Level of traceability hence avoiding mix-up of samples (caused through human errors) which is the main factor essential for proper treatment after testing.
- In May 2021, a private lab uploaded negative results as positive along with an incorrect place of origin. The samples were originally from Kolkata but was incorrectly uploaded to ICMR as from Kallakurichi.
- Automated solutions like Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) avoids data mix up and traces data at every stage.
Who gets benefitted
Diagnostic laboratories (medium and higher volumes) where higher accurate tests are done every day.
- Manual test - tiredness and fatigue reduces the efficiency. As test procedures are mostly repetitive, automated testing eliminates the fatigue and continues the process with the default efficiency.
- Automated testing - quick response time without any human intervention 24/7 with full efficiency.
Flexible system for Versatile Diagnostics is not only for COVID Diagnostics but with minimal modifications can be used to meet required needs for testing blood samples, urine samples and more.
Cost effective Solution for Laboratories.
Mobile Testing System, where RAFSYS Diagnostic System is installed on a Mobile Vehicle to reach any target location without any difficulty. Reachability for Covid Testing at any Rural Area is thereby ensured.
Mobile Navigable Solution
The main goal of this project is to reduce the human errors in normal testing. In addition, the whole system’s concept is to make the whole automated device mobile to enable the test to be concentrated on the highest infection zone as quickly as possible and once the process is over it can be moved to the next area for testing. Herewith we can also efficiently reach Rural locations where reachability is in concern.